Kingston Mills Generating Station is a three-unit hydroelectric station located on the Cataraqui River in Kingston, Ontario. The station has been in service since 1915. The station has an installed capacity of 1.9 MW at a head of 14.5 metres.
The station is run-of-river without storage capability. The headwork consists of an earth-filled dam with concrete face. The concrete intake is equipped with steel trashracks and uses manually operated gates to control water. Two steel penstocks convey water to the two concrete powerhouses. Water is discharged into the Cataraqui River.
The station is connected to Canadian Niagara Power’s 26 kV circuit CB 26-1 from the Gananoque downtown substation. This hydroelectric generating station generates approximately 6,389 MWh of renewable energy per year.
|River System:||Cataraqui River|
|Nameplate Capacity:||1.9 MW|
|OPA Contracted Capacity:||1.9 MW|
|Operator:||Fortis Properties Corporation|
|Turbines:||Three Francis turbines|
|Coordinate:||44° 17' 36.00" N, 76° 26' 26.33" W|