Chaudiere #2 Generating Station is a four-unit hydroelectric station located on the Ottawa River in Ottawa, Ontario. The powerhouse was originally built in 1892. The redeveloped station came online in 2001 and has an installed capacity of 8.4 MW at a head of 11 metres.
The station is run-of-river without storage capability. The station consists of concrete headworks and intake. Concrete channel conveys water to the stone powerhouse.
The footprint, including powerhouse and water conveyance, is part of a designated heritage site. The station is connected to Hydro Ottawa’s 13.2 kV feeders TC1TL, TC2TL and TC3TL supplied from the Lisgar Transformer Station LV bus.
This hydroelectric generating station generates approximately 61,000 MWh of renewable energy per year.
|River System:||Ottawa River|
|Nameplate Capacity:||8.4 MW|
|OPA Contracted Capacity:||8.4 MW|
|Operator:||Energy Ottawa Inc.|
|Turbines:||Four horizontal double Francis|
|Coordinate:||45° 25' 9" N, 75° 42' 49" W|
Ontario Power Authority
Media and Public Relations
T. 416-969-6307 or