On January 1, 2015, the Ontario Power Authority merged with the Independent Electricity System Operator to create a new organization that combines the OPA and IESO mandates.
Please note that the information on this page is not current and will not be updated. A new format for contract data will be published soon.
The facility is a single-unit hydroelectric station located on Black River in Ramore. The site was built in 1929 and originally used as a saw mill. The facility was built and began supplying electricity to the grid in May 1987. The station has an installed capacity of 0.522 MW at a head of 11.04 metres.
The dam is made of concrete. The headworks are sited at the head of a natural fall. The intake works are concrete with steel trash racks and hydraulically operated head gate. A vertical concrete bulkhead upon which the powerhouse is mounted, is sited on undisturbed rock. A steel penstock 17.8 metres in length connects the head gate to the bulkhead. The penstock starts at 1.83 metres in diameter for the first 14.32 metres and then gradually expands to 2.438 metres in diameter for the remaining distance to the bulkhead. At the bottom of the bulkhead is the turbine, following which is a draft tube 3.537 metres in length that drains to a short tailrace to the river.
The facility is connected to Matheson DS through F1 feeder.
|River System:||Black River|
|Nameplate Capacity:||0.522 MW|
|OPA Contracted Capacity:||0.522 MW|
|Operator:||635294 Ontario Inc.|
|Turbines:||One Francis turbine|
Ontario Power Authority
Media and Public Relations
T. 416-969-6307 or